Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Last Comic Standing: Fake or No Fake

According to comedian Rhune Kincaid, the reality TV show Last Comic Standing is fake top to bottom. He wrote in his blog:

"A lot of people have tried to talk to me about the NBC Reality Show, “Last Comic Standing.” I’m not a very good sport about it. I don’t even try. The show is fake as hell and abusive to the up-and-coming comedians it purports to be showcasing. I know this because I endured their “open auditions” in Los Angeles earlier this year."
For the rest of the story, go to Kincaid's blog.

It's a great read, and if you've liked the show, you'll want to hear this. Or maybe not. It's a Catch-22 thing. If you read the blog, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the commentors had it right, this isn't like music, it takes comedians a lot longer to build a set. So they have to have some experience.

    ReplyDelete